"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Friday, January 29, 2010

Future Quilt for Our Bed!!!

I am member of an online quilting bee and my month won’t be until December! I know that I still have 11 months to decide what type of blocks I’d like the other participants to make for me…but I’ve already decided that the quilt will go on our King-size bed. This is the Queen size quilt I finished over 20 years ago…

Grandmother's Fan- Blue Queen …it was my very first quilt ever. I used Georgia Bonesteel’s lap quilting method and it was hand quilted. It took me about 6 years of starting and stopping to finally finish it!

But, alas! We have had a king size bed now for several years and it needs a quilt!

Sweet daughter, Melanie, gave me a gift certificate to my favorite online fabric store, Hawthorne Threads, for Christmas and I decided to take advantage and start collecting fabrics for this quilt. I decided on browns and teals and here they are!!!

Our Bedroom Quilt 1 What do you think??? Should I add some green?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Love all the fabrics!! CAn't wait to see it all done. (in 11 months of course :) ).

Melanie said...

Love the fabrics! I think some green would be gorgeous...but I love green anytime, anyplace! :) Can't wait to see what you come up with...

Jennifer said...

I really like the colors you chose. There are a couple different greens in your fabrics that you could use as an accent. But I really like the brown & turquoise combo! Can't wait until December. It took me 2 months to figure out my fabric (for March).