"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Preparing for Christmas

Well, for the past 5 Christmases, we lived in Honduras and came home after Baxter’s graduation, somewhere around the 8-10th of December.  Except for Christmas 2007, I was usually pretty late getting the house decorated and was always wrapping presents on Christmas Eve.
Look what’s been up for a week now…
Tree-Presents
Do you see those presents??? 
It is fun having time to do Christmasy things…like…
Melanie's Stocking
The first of 13 Christmas stockings I plan to make this year.  (The tutorial is from Park City Girl)  As you can see, this one is Melanie’s.  I was going to let everyone decide which one they wanted after I made them, but then I decided I’d pick!  I have lots of fun fabrics I purchased on sale from Fabric.com so they will all be different.
Now, if only we have a White Christmas, I’ll be even happier!!!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I know you can get those stockings finished! :) Very pretty!
Your family always gets to have a WHITE Christmas! ;)

Melanie said...

I love love love my stocking! Can't wait to see them all :) I'm glad you're enjoying your holiday decor this year...and we'll have to put Poppi on present patrol if Luke comes over!!

Jeanne said...

Yes! You're right, Hannah! I hadn't thought about that!

Glad you like yours, Mel!

Amy - Park City Girl said...

Your stocking is great!! I can't wait to see the rest - let me know when you post them! :)
Amy