"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Monday, December 21, 2009

It’s beginning to look a lot like…

CHRISTMAS!!!
My favorite time of the year to live in a log cabin is Christmas! It just seems these 200-year-old logs were meant to be decorated with greenery and Christmassy things.
Kitchen Greenery
Pine Cone Arrangement
For the past several weeks, I’ve been sewing and quilting. I can’t show all my projects right now because some are for Christmas presents! But my biggest sewing project has been to make 13 new stockings for our family…These were made using a tutorial I found at Park City Girl. I ordered fabrics from www.fabric.com and I just love them!
You might notice the space on the right side. The real reason for this is that I put 1 too many little nails up. But…that’s okay because….Georgia’s going to be a big sister next summer and so that space will be filled next Christmas!!! Yay! (And, yes…I did put nails in that 200-year-old piece of wood!)Living Room Mantel
Oh, and I made Ornament Wreaths for us and our kids’ families. I used another tutorial I found from Eddie Ross.
4 ornament wreaths Mine is the one on the far right. I changed the bow and now it looks like this: (should have used wider ribbon…oh well…)Our Ornament Wreath
To see lots of other Christmas projects, go over to Piece N Quilt for a “Home Spun Holiday Show N Tell”.
image

7 comments:

Lydia's Mom said...

yay for Maggie and David- and your projects are awesome- you are such a loving grandmother and mother!!!

Sarah said...

Everything looks so good, Jeanne! Love all those stockings!!! Can't wait for family time on Thursday. Love you!

Natalia said...

You have been very busy! I love all of your projects! Thanks for sharing:)

Amy - Park City Girl said...

I LOVE your stockings!! Thanks so much for sending me a link - they are so fun!

Merry Christmas :)

beth said...

The stockings are GREAT!! I was tempted to make some too....maybe next year....along with the tree skirt, the table runner and christmas quilt I wanted to make. :)

Jeanne said...

Thanks everyone! I had so much fun making everything! I loved the way the stockings turned out. Merry Christmas to all!

Hannah said...

I'm just catching up on my blog reading as Christmas comes to a close... I love your thoughts about post-Christmas quietness and I am thoroughly impressed that you finished the stockings!!