"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Day of Christmas Cookies

Today Melanie brought Maddy, Noah, Jack & Luke to our house to make Christmas cookies.  Luke didn’t actually help but he did sample the finished product!
I have very fond memories of making cookies with my own kids…the cutout kind.  The cookies, not the kids. :)  I remember how they would put sprinkles on them until you could hardly even see the cookie.  I liked the iced kind, but the kids really liked those sprinkles!
Making cookies with my grandchildren was very special.  They did a great job, too!  Maddy and Noah completely made the Snickerdoodles.  I gave them a little guidance and information but that’s it!Noah & Maddy Snickerdoodles 3
Jack and I worked together on the Christmas cutout cookie dough.  He measured all the flour himself, 1/2 cupfuls at a time and placed it in a big pile on the waxed paper.  He really loved cracking the egg!  (By the way, the lovely cobalt blue Kitchenaid Artisan mixer is my early Christmas present!)Dani & Jack Christmas Cookies 2
The kids worked hard, the cookies were delicious and beautiful…it was a good day.Christmas Cookies Close

2 comments:

Sarah said...

"were" good as in they are all gone?!? Sure hope not, they look delicious; glad you had fun with them and are loving the mixer!! It's a fun gift!

Jeanne said...

:) No, Sarah, there are lots left. I let them each eat one and sent 6 home with them (2 each made by the 3 kiddos). But there are plenty left for Thursday night!