"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One down, two to go…

I just single-handedly put 4 kids to bed and they are all asleep!  Woo-hoo! 

Let me just say that I now have more respect for my daughter, Melanie, than ever and am pretty much in awe of her superpowers as a mommy of 4 very active kiddos!

I’m keeping them while she’s basking in the sun in Florida…well, she’s in Florida…more like holed up in her room reading or sleeping or watching t.v. while Jared is in classes.

I. Am. Tired.

But we had a great day!  The hardest part of doing it alone is getting everyone ready for bed.  But…wow…once they were down, I did not hear one peep from anyone…I guess they were tired, too!

This one…

Luke from the Side

is just really starting to talk and gets his “magic” words mixed up.  Like today I was handing him french fries in his car seat (don’t judge!) while waiting in line to pick up the 2 big kids from school.  When he wanted one, instead of saying, “Please”…he would say, “Sorry”.  Cute!

We decided to have chocolate chip pancakes and bacon/sausage (bacon and sausage provided by leftovers from the Lads to Leaders breakfast last weekend…again…don’t judge!)  Noah wanted to do the “liquids” (milk and eggs).  He kept telling me he was going to break the eggs and how much he liked breaking the eggs, etc.  Then he immediately got distracted…and then said, “I know what you’re thinking, Dani.  ‘Those eggs aren’t going to break themselves!’”  Funny boy!

Now, Melanie, when you read this, don’t be sad…you know how Jack is.  He usually only misses you when I’ve told him “no” or made him mad about something.  I don’t know what it was I did or said, but tonight he came over and sat with me in the chair in the L.R. and said, “I don’t even remember what she looks like”.  I asked, “Who?”  He said, sadly, “Mommy!” 

Oh. My. Goodness!  You’ve been gone less than a day and he can’t remember what you look like?  HI-larious!  He got over it pretty quickly though.

Oh, here are the two younger boys wrestling and playing around:

DSC03421

 

Maddy didn’t say anything particularly cute…she just IS cute!

Pretty Maddy

So goodnight all…maybe I’ll blog tomorrow night too…if I’m not too tired.  I may get Poppi to come over and help me get everyone off to church! 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

We are STILL laughing about Jack saying that!!!! I can just see his "pity me" face...

And Daddy was proud to see him practicing his "reverse crab" on Luke :)

Noah, we're proud of you for staying on task with the eggs that won't crack themselves!

I miss them all, more than I expected to, but I'm enjoying how easy it is to just have to get your own self ready (or not!) :)

Thanks for being a WONDERFUL Dani!!!!!!!