"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Monday, October 12, 2009

I Heart Quilts!

Although this isn’t a quilting or sewing blog, those are two of my passions. I have been perusing sewing blogs lately and came across some incredible ones!


Amy at Park City Girl is hosting a Bloggers’ Quilt Festival. As of right now, there are 477 links to blogs, each displaying one particular quilt. If you love quilts, you need to go click on 2 or 200 of those links!


I have made several quilts and the one I’m sending over to be included in the Bloggers’ Quilt Festival is a Sunbonnet Sue baby quilt I made for a friend’s granddaughter. It’s the only quilt I’ve ever been paid to make and I don’t know that I’d do it again. Making a hand-quilted and hand-appliquéd quilt is very time consuming!
So, here are the 12 individual appliquéd blocks:

13 comments:

Zonnah said...

Very cute :)

Jeannette said...

What darling variations on a sweet on sun bonnet sue concept. Your color choices and whimsey speaks so tenderly. Wonderful Quilt!
And I love the banner of your blog.

Serena said...

Oh I adore the little dutch dolls. Such simple beauty. You did a terrific job!

Roslyn said...

Lovely hand applique, yes a lot of hand work for a baby quilt.

Me aka Supermom said...

How fun!

thanks for sharing,
margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

MARIKA said...

Very kind

Hannah said...

Wow! I love it! The church square is my favorite!

Carol said...

Well worth the time and effort.

Northern Deb said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Jeanne said...

Thank you all for your nice comments. I love to quilt and have also enjoyed seeing some of your work, too.

SaraRules said...

Oh, I just love your Sunbonnet Sues! such a great variety and fun colors! Such an inspirational setting!

Kris said...

I'm in the snip.sew.send. quilting bee and I saw your comment about wanting to get involved in a quilting bee. The easiest way is to get on flickr and join the Quilting Bee Blocks group. There are always new bees getting started and it's a great place to find others! Let me know if you need any more help finding where to go

sewpam63 said...

What a darling quilt for a little girl. You're right, hand applique and quilting take a LOT of time AND love! : )
The scalloped border you added is a nice touch. Thanks for sharing!

http://sewpam63.wordpress.com/