"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday


First of all, let me say that, even though we live in the country...we definitely DO NOT have mice! That being said, it would be impossible for there to be mouse traps...SET mouse traps...in our house. Glad we got that straight!

So, I absolutely DID NOT forget to put a mouse trap up, out of the path of a very curious one-year-old grandson when he came over to play! That's just NOT something I'd forget...that would be very responsible.

I also did NOT take my eyes off said one-year-old long enough for him to find the "set" mouse trap...NOT ME! I'm a much better grandmother than that!

And, of course, it DID NOT happen that this little guy.....




found the mouse trap, picked it up, screamed and came running to me with it hanging off his thumb!!! NOPE!!! Didn't Happen!!! (I'm a great Dani!) If it had happened (which it did NOT), I of course, would have immediately taken it off his little sweet hand, kissed it and said, "Oh baby!!!! Dani's so, so sorry!!!"

Therefore....since none of this happened (whew! thank goodness!...'cause I'd have some 'splainin' to do if it had...

He most certainly DID NOT stop crying as soon as he noticed his peanut-butter covered thumb (because, IF I had set a mouse trap, that's what I would have put on it...) and he for sure did NOT start happily eating the peanut butter off this little thumb.

NOPE...DID. NOT. HAPPEN. I'm a really good Dani...

2 comments:

Monkey's Momma said...

I love it...after what I woke up to this morning....I love it

Maggie said...

I'm so glad you posted this. It was a perfect "Not Me" Monday!