"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Who Needs a Party on New Year's Eve???

Not me!  I didn't even make it until midnight.  I think I went to bed at 10:30 or so.  Melanie and Jared (and baby Luke) were at their house this year with some of their friends, playing games and eating lots of good food.  Steve and I kept Maddy, Noah and Jack at our house.  Maddy really wanted to stay up until midnight but I said, "No way!"  I know how she gets when she doesn't sleep enough.  I did let her and Noah stay up until 8:30 when Poppi got home from the Music City Bowl in Nashville so they could get some Poppi snuggles before going to bed.  Everyone went to bed very nicely.

Jack went to bed at 7:30.  I knew when I first saw him in his carseat with his thumb in his mouth that he had missed his nap.  So, I got them home and we watched "Samantha: An American Girl Holiday", had grilled cheese sandwiches and milk, watercolored and then I got Jack's p.j.'s ready.  "He didn't return a word" (that's an expression my mother used to say meaning "he didn't argue with me") when I asked him to follow me to the bathroom.  The little bugger was tired!  We got all ready and I put him in my bed to start out (he and Noah slept together in the "boys' room").  Jack does not like dark!  So, I left the hall light on and our bathroom light on, reminding him that the bathroom light stays on if he stays in bed.  I looked over at him, so little in our big king sized bed, and he already had that thumb in his mouth.  He said, very quietly, "But, Dani, what if I get scared?" 

I'm not always a pushover, but that little boy knows just what buttons to push.  I didn't say a word but laid down beside him.  He didn't say anything else either, just snuggled into me, kept sucking his right thumb and put his left hand in mine.  He was asleep in 5 minutes or less.  I took this picture before I put him in his bed.

12-31 Jack Sleeping

Maddy and Noah thought it was just hilarious to say, "See you next year!" as they went to bed.  Their Poppi taught them that.  And they laughed this morning (really...they didn't think he was being dorky or anything) when Steve said to them, "Man, I haven't seen you guys since last year!"

Here's cute Noah, missing his 2 front teeth.  (Santa didn't bring him new ones for Christmas this year because he wasn't given enough notice.  Noah just lost the 2nd one on Christmas Eve!) 

Noah Missing Front Teeth

And here's Maddy with her American Girl Doll, Samantha, wearing their pretty gowns that Santa brought them.

Maddy & Doll Gown

I can't think of a better way to begin 2009 than making chocolate chip pancakes for my grandchildren!  Jack was my helper.  They each ate 3! 

I look forward to 2009 for many reasons but mainly because we are expecting our new granddaughter, Georgia Grace White, in early April!  I know it will be a great year!

No comments: