"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm not really political but...

Right up front I'll say that I voted for John McCain/Sarah Palin.  (Our ballets were mailed to Tegucigalpa, Honduras, we voted and mailed them back.  I assume they made it; one never knows with the mail here.)  I lean more right than left.  I am pro life, pro smaller federal government and pro more powerful local government (thanks to my son, David, who made me realize how important this is), among some other conservative issues. 

I am very proud to be an American.  I've lived in Honduras for more than 4 years now.  I love the people here so much but there is no place on earth I'd rather be than in the good ol' U.S.A.! 

But beyond being a Republican or a Democrat, I AM A CHRISTIAN!  God is in charge of my life and nothing that any president, congressman, senator or mayor does changes the fact that I answer to the living God and He alone is the one in whom I put my trust and faith. 

I am proud of our country.  Live in a third world country before you are too quick to criticize the U.S. government.  It is not perfect but nothing on this earth is.

I choose to put my faith in God and my life in His hands.  I will respect and honor the man, Barack Hussein Obama, as my president.  Never in a million years as a girl growing up in south Arkansas did I believe I would see this day.  A black man in the White House!  Politics aside, I am proud of this fact...proud that our country has come this far and has truly accepted America as the "melting pot" it has always been.

I believe God has a plan.  I want to follow that plan.  But most of all, I want to go to Heaven.  Thank God that there will be no politics there!  Our Lord will reign supreme.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I agree 100%! Politics seem trivial and downright silly when you put it all in perspective! Can you imagine campaign yard signs in heaven?!? :)

Carla said...

How true you are! Obama maybe president but God is the supreme ruler of all!!!

Valerie said...

Great post Jeanne. I appreciate it.