"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Friday, September 19, 2008

Losers, Coffee and being the Best Dani

"Jack was here!"

Jack 8-16-08 

When you hear those words, you can be sure that

  • Lots of fun was had
  • Lots of laughing occurred
  • Someone needs a nap (more than likely the person/s receiving the visit)
  • Someone may have gotten pinched or put in "timeout"
  • The visitee is remembering the little boy who is so full of life

Jack spent 2 nights with Steve and me Tuesday and Wednesday.  Tuesday before I left from Melanie's, I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe when Jack said (about something I can't even remember...but a competition to him), "I winned; you woosed; you're woosers!"  Then I laughed even more because of the confused look he gave me.  I don't think he'd ever seen me laughing so hard I cried and didn't know what to think of me.

Later that evening, we picked up a pizza on our way into Bowling Green, took it home and shared it with Poppi.  Seriously, everything is a competition with him and he had about half a piece of pizza left when he happened to remember that fact about himself and "sung", "I'm gonna wi-in".  I took my last bite and said, "Hum, looks like Dani won".  He folded his arms, looked at Poppi and said, "Oh man...we're woosers, Poppi!"

Jack has developed a taste for coffee.  Yes, I know that he's not even 4 years old yet, but what can I say?  Evidently, his Granddaddy and I would occasionally (at least on my part) let him take a sip of our cooled coffee.  Then one day Poppi gave him a piece of the coffee-flavored candy that we buy in Honduras (it's yummy!) and he LOVED it!  So I gave him a piece while he was here and he told Poppi, "I have coffee.  Not the kind you drink.  The kind you crunch and suck on."

You may remember the picture of Jack eating Scooby-Doo Snacks out of a "dog bowl".  Well, he wanted shredded cheese in a bowl this time, pretending he was a mouse. 

jack the mouse

Jack is a big boy and can certainly dress himself.  But, he will take an hour to do it if you let him.  We were getting ready to go out and he was supposed to be getting ready but I looked over and he only had on his underwear.  I asked, "Jack, do you want me to help you get dressed?"  He smiled and said he did.  He brought me his shorts, shirt, socks and shoes.  We started with the shorts.  I backed him up against me, as I was sitting and began to put his little shorts on him.  He leaned into me and said, oh so sweetly, "You're the best Dani in the whole world!"

Enough said.

1 comment:

Carla said...

You have received a Blog Award/Tag - check out my blog to find out the details. Love U!