"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Friday, July 25, 2008

Maddy's Visit

Well, I took Jack home on Monday and brought Maddy back with me the same day.  Tomorrow I will take her to meet Memaw (Jared's mom) when she gets off work and Maddy will spend a couple of nights with them.

We have had a good time!  Maddy may not be as funny as Jack, but she's my girl and we always enjoy being together.

Maddy is growing up much too fast to suit me.  However, it is kind of nice to be able to do more grownup things with her.  Tuesday she went with me to get my hair cut and the girls at the shop raved about her hair color.  Maddy does have unusually gorgeous auburn hair!

Maddy playing piano-auburn hair

Afterwards, we met Aunt Sarah for lunch and enjoyed having a girl's day out.  The 3 of us went for ice cream later.  It was the same shop where Jack and I had gone the week before, however, Maddy didn't feel the need to eat hers faster than 80-year-old ladies like Jack did...and then tell them they lost!

I try to cook what the kids like to eat, to my best ability, as long as it is reasonable.  Like, Jack would eat cookies for lunch and Maddy would be happy with mashed potatoes and rolls at every meal. :) 

Of course, our first breakfast consisted of chocolate chip pancakes.  I had asked Maddy earlier what things she would like.  The first thing she wanted was BaleadasImage:Baleada.jpgA baleada is a typical Honduran food which consists of a flour tortilla filled with refried beans, a cream similar to a rich sour cream and  then sometimes a salty cheese or eggs or just about anything you want to put in it.  Maddy and I like ours to have the beans, sour cream and sliced avocados.  Yum!  We even made our own homemade flour tortillas!  That was Tuesday night for dinner.  She also wanted them for Wednesday lunch, so...that's what we had...

Tuesday afternoon Maddy wanted to do girl stuff so we played beauty shop.  We did makeup and then I hot-rolled her hair.  I have a picture of her in curlers, but she made me promise I would not put it on my blog! :) 

Wednesday afternoon I treated Maddy to a spa manicure and pedicure at the soon-to-be-famous "Dani's Loving Care Spa", located conveniently (and economically) in my kitchen!  We used the foot spa that David gave me for Mother's Day a few years ago.  While she was soaking her hands and feet, I prepared her a dish of cubed watermelon and Sprite in a pretty glass with lime.  She got the royal treatment complete with bright blue polish!

Thursday we watched movies and grilled burgers with Uncle Philip and Aunt Sarah out here in the country. 

Tomorrow we'll talk and laugh eat and play and probably watch a movie and then I'll take her to meet her Memaw.  It has been a wonderful time together, as always.  Until next time, Precious Angel!

Maddy

2 comments:

Erin Christine said...

BALEADAS!!! how yummy! i'm a little jealous! have a nice day.

Teresa Kimbel said...

I love to read your blog, because I love to hear your voice, and I usually cry... tears of joy for hearing you,:) tears of sadness for missing you.:( I Love you, Dani.