"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Family Tradition...

We always make pancakes for breakfast when the grandkids are here...it started when Maddy was little and I made her bear-shaped pancakes and put mini chocolate chips for the eyes and nose.  She has asked for them ever since.

She began helping me make them when she was really young and, as she's gotten older, isn't quite as interested, so the job/privilege has gone to the boys. 

But this past visit, she wanted to help. 

Maddy Mixing Batter

Maddy Pouring Syrup

Maddy Eating Pancakes

We usually make them from scratch (even though my favorite taste and texture is from a mix...Aunt Jemima's Original) They don't think the mix is nearly as much fun because they don't have as much to do, I guess.

We will continue to have pancakes for breakfast when grandkids are here...not always bear shaped but always with chocolate chips...as long as they keep asking for them.

1 comment:

Erin Christine said...

great posts! i love reading your blog. it was soooo good to see you the other night. i needed a little jeanne time myself!