"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thank you, God, for Friends...

I have many wonderful friends and one day I'll write about them...

But today I just want to tell Melanie's friends how much I love and appreciate them for all they've done for my precious daughter.

I know you probably don't read my blog, but maybe Melanie will link to it so you'll see it and read this post.

In September 2006, when Melanie and Jared's little angel baby, Ruby Anne, died about 3 1/2 months before she was due, their friends were amazing! I don't know how to really explain in words just how amazing they were...but let's just say they there for them in every way. Melanie's girlfriends gave her precious and incredible gifts, they picked up the other children and took them home to play with their children, they brought food, they took Melanie out for lunch or just dropped by to chat for a few minutes, they sent her notes and cards and prayed for her and with her. Steve and I were so amazed by how much these friends looked like Jesus during this time. We will absolutely NEVER forget this! I would mention your names but I'm sure I'd leave someone out and I'd never want to do that.

Last week some of Melanie's sweet friends gave her a baby shower for little Luke Wesley Smalling who will, God willing, be welcomed by all of us into the world very soon. What a precious thing to do for a mama who is almost 9 months pregnant, tired, doesn't sleep much, takes care of 3 other very active children and a husband and is waiting patiently for this new little miracle to arrive...all the while, still remembering the baby she wasn't allowed to keep.

"Thank you" just isn't sufficient to express how much I appreciate you for this, but it will have to do, I guess. It and these words I have written. Steve and I both love you all for loving our daughter and her family with the love of Christ.

God bless each of you and your families!

1 comment:

Teresa Kimbel said...

Jeanne, when I read this blog I heard your voice, which made it even sweeter and more meaningful. Your kids (who are now adults) are so blessed to have you as their mom and their children's Dani. I'm so glad you share your heart because it makes me want to share mine even more.

I have prayed for Melanie to have a healthy baby and a safe delivery many times over, and I believe she will. By the way, Bella turned one today, but you and I haven't gotten any older since we were thirty :)

I can't wait to see you the next time you're here. I know you'll be with the baby, but maybe you and Ruth and I can "do" lunch again.

I cherish our friendship.

Love you,
Teresa