"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bible Reading

I just began "reading through the Psalms every month"...again.  There are 150 Psalms and if you read 5 of them each day, you will finish the book in 30 days.

Today I read Chapters 26-30 and here are the verses that "jumped out":  (All are from New International Version)

26:2-3  "Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for your love is ever before me, an I walk continually in your truth."

27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?"

27:4  "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek:  that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple."

27:11  "Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path..."

27:14  "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord"

28:7  "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

30:4-5  "Sing to the Lord, you saints of his; praise his holy name.  For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."  

30:11-12  "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." 

No comments: