"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another Tag

This came from Melanie's (my daughter) blog: www.smallingworld.blogspot.com

Welcome to the 2008 edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!

1. What time did you get up this morning? 8:10…without my alarm

2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds!

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Bucket Dreams

4. What is your favorite TV show? Biggest Loser; Lost; American Idol

5. What did you have for breakfast? Leftover homemade rolls, split and toasted in a skillet with butter and strawberry jelly

6. What is your middle name? Carol

7. What food do you dislike? Liver

8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? It’s weird, but I’m not really a CD person… However, sometimes I just turn Melanie’s music on that’s on her blog and listen to that while I’m working

9. What kind of car do you drive? 1999 Dodge Caravan (in the U.S.); I don’t drive in Honduras (I should blog about why sometime…)

10. Favorite sandwich? Smoked turkey on whole wheat bread with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and avacado

11. What characteristic do you despise? dishonesty

12. Favorite item of clothing? A black skirt that I seem to wear often in Honduras with a variety of shirts

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Italy--Tuscany

14. Favorite brand of clothing? n/a…I buy what’s on sale and looks decent on me

15. Where would you retire to? Bowling Green, KY or Nashville, TN probably

16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? When I turned 53, in 2004. That meant I had lived longer than my mother who died at 52.

17. Favorite sport to watch? College basketball

18. What is the farthest place this email will go? The farthest place this “blog” will go is probably to the U.S. (I’m writing it in Honduras)

19. Person you expect to send it back first? ?

20. When is your birthday? February 4

21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night most definitely!

22. What is your shoe size? 9

23. Pets? U.S.— We had Libby (Boston Terrier) but she lives with David and Maggie now. Honduras – a little gecko who lives in the window above Steve’s chair in the living room! J They eat mosquitos…

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Nothing now, but I’ll be sure to let everyone know when my new grandbaby is born!

25. What did you want to be when you were little? teacher, mommy, nurse, missionary

26. How are you today? Better rested than usual…I actually got more than 4 hours sleep!

27. What is your favorite candy? Something with milk chocolate and nuts

28. What is your favorite flower? rose

29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Whichever day my new grandson will be born…end of May/first of June!!!

30. What is your full name? Jeanne Carol (Segraves) White

31. What are you listening to right now? Our messenger at Baxter leaving on his motorcycle…the outside sounds of Tegucigalpa, Honduras

32. What was the last thing you ate? See #5

33. Do you wish on stars? no

34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? bittersweet

35. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Melanie

36. Favorite soft drink? Diet fountain Coke with just a little root beer (non-diet) mixed in

37. Favorite restaurant? La Cumbre (on a mountaintop outside of Tegucigalpa, overlooking the city)

38. Hair color? Hum….until recently it was highlighted with blonde, then I decided I wanted to see how much gray I had, so I am currently letting it get back to natural. Answer to my own question? LOTS!!!

39. What was your favorite toy as a child? My little red record player I got for Christmas one year. My daddy worked in a cafĂ© with a jukebox and the guy who serviced it gave him about 100 records (singles)!!! Oldies…even then

40. Summer or winter? Winter

41. Hugs or kisses? Hugs

42. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate

43. Coffee or tea? Hot: coffee/Cold:tea

44. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes

45. When was the last time you cried? Monday when I read the blog that Melanie mentioned on her post http://conorbootheandgirls.blogspot.com

46. What is under your bed? Nothing…unless you count dust bunnies

47. What did you do last night? Had dinner at home (chicken/black bean quesadillas), watched NCIS and worked on the new grandson’s quilt!

48. What are you afraid of? heights

49. Salty or sweet? Sweet…then salty…then sweet…then salty…you get the picture…

50. How many keys on your key ring? 6

51. How many years at your current job? 3 years, 9 months

52. Favorite day of the week? Saturday when I just spend time doing stuff at our apartment

53. How many towns have you lived in? 6 (some of those multiple times)

54. Do you make friends easily? I make acquaintances easily…good friends with a little more difficulty

55. How many people will you send this to? Whoever reads my blog.

56. How many will respond? 2 maybe 3

4 comments:

Melanie said...

1. Thank you for correcting the furthest/farthest thing. I missed it. I'm sure Dad is very disappointed.

2. Glad you got some sleep.

3. Good to know where to send you on your 50th anniversary trip!

4. I did NOT know you like a little root beer in your diet fountain coke. I would say that is WIERD, but I like a little dr pepper in my fountain coke, so I guess I can't say anything. But that is weird.

5. I love you and I'm also glad you're cool enough to blog!

Zoe's Mommy said...

I love reading tags. It means that I get to know you a little bit better. Have you really almost lived in Honduras for 4 years? That is SO HARD to believe!
Love you friend!

ONEDIA HAYES SYLVEST said...

root beer in diet coke...hmmmm.

Do you remember stopping at that drug store (Rexall?) on the corner of the main road down to our street (marsh avenue) on the way home from school for a soda. I liked a cherry chocolate coke from the fountain.

Jeanne said...

Onedia, I definitely remember that drug store! I usually got a root beer because it was only 5 cents. Showing my age, aren't I???