This came from Melanie's (my daughter) blog: www.smallingworld.blogspot.com
Welcome to the 2008 edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 8:10…without my alarm
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Bucket Dreams
4. What is your favorite TV show? Biggest Loser; Lost; American Idol
5. What did you have for breakfast? Leftover homemade rolls, split and toasted in a skillet with butter and strawberry jelly
6. What is your middle name? Carol
7. What food do you dislike? Liver
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? It’s weird, but I’m not really a CD person… However, sometimes I just turn Melanie’s music on that’s on her blog and listen to that while I’m working
9. What kind of car do you drive? 1999 Dodge Caravan (in the U.S.); I don’t drive in Honduras (I should blog about why sometime…)
10. Favorite sandwich? Smoked turkey on whole wheat bread with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and avacado
11. What characteristic do you despise? dishonesty
12. Favorite item of clothing? A black skirt that I seem to wear often in Honduras with a variety of shirts
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Italy--Tuscany
14. Favorite brand of clothing? n/a…I buy what’s on sale and looks decent on me
15. Where would you retire to? Bowling Green, KY or Nashville, TN probably
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? When I turned 53, in 2004. That meant I had lived longer than my mother who died at 52.
17. Favorite sport to watch? College basketball
18. What is the farthest place this email will go? The farthest place this “blog” will go is probably to the U.S. (I’m writing it in Honduras)
19. Person you expect to send it back first? ?
20. When is your birthday? February 4
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night most definitely!
22. What is your shoe size? 9
23. Pets? U.S.— We had Libby (Boston Terrier) but she lives with David and Maggie now. Honduras – a little gecko who lives in the window above Steve’s chair in the living room! J They eat mosquitos…
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Nothing now, but I’ll be sure to let everyone know when my new grandbaby is born!
25. What did you want to be when you were little? teacher, mommy, nurse, missionary
26. How are you today? Better rested than usual…I actually got more than 4 hours sleep!
27. What is your favorite candy? Something with milk chocolate and nuts
28. What is your favorite flower? rose
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Whichever day my new grandson will be born…end of May/first of June!!!
30. What is your full name? Jeanne Carol (Segraves) White
31. What are you listening to right now? Our messenger at Baxter leaving on his motorcycle…the outside sounds of Tegucigalpa, Honduras
32. What was the last thing you ate? See #5
33. Do you wish on stars? no
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? bittersweet
35. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Melanie
36. Favorite soft drink? Diet fountain Coke with just a little root beer (non-diet) mixed in
37. Favorite restaurant? La Cumbre (on a mountaintop outside of Tegucigalpa, overlooking the city)
38. Hair color? Hum….until recently it was highlighted with blonde, then I decided I wanted to see how much gray I had, so I am currently letting it get back to natural. Answer to my own question? LOTS!!!
39. What was your favorite toy as a child? My little red record player I got for Christmas one year. My daddy worked in a café with a jukebox and the guy who serviced it gave him about 100 records (singles)!!! Oldies…even then
40. Summer or winter? Winter
41. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
42. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
43. Coffee or tea? Hot: coffee/Cold:tea
44. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes
45. When was the last time you cried? Monday when I read the blog that Melanie mentioned on her post http://conorbootheandgirls.blogspot.com
46. What is under your bed? Nothing…unless you count dust bunnies
47. What did you do last night? Had dinner at home (chicken/black bean quesadillas), watched NCIS and worked on the new grandson’s quilt!
48. What are you afraid of? heights
49. Salty or sweet? Sweet…then salty…then sweet…then salty…you get the picture…
50. How many keys on your key ring? 6
51. How many years at your current job? 3 years, 9 months
52. Favorite day of the week? Saturday when I just spend time doing stuff at our apartment
53. How many towns have you lived in? 6 (some of those multiple times)
54. Do you make friends easily? I make acquaintances easily…good friends with a little more difficulty
55. How many people will you send this to? Whoever reads my blog.
56. How many will respond? 2 maybe 3