"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Oldest Grandson, Noah


Noah has always reminded us of David "Uncle Dobie". Once, when Noah was probably about 4 years old, a good friend of mine (we raised kids together in Searcy, Arkansas) was visiting the church in Nashville where Melanie and her family are members. She noticed this little boy (it was Noah) standing, waiting for his mommy just outside the ladies restroom door and said to her daughter, "That has to be a White grandchild...he looks just like David!" Isn't that crazy?!
Well, he does have that sweet personality and tenderheartedness that our David had as a little boy and he does look like him, too. Noah is such a happy boy and honestly, the sweetest thing...you can see it in his face, can't you?
The photo at the above was taken last summer at a park in Nashville.
Noah also has a large imagination. He comes up with the most hilarious things sometimes. He also makes up names for everything. He will be playing with a piece of plastic that fell off of something and if you ask him what it is, he'll say something like, "It's my special neuro-cromatic laser weapon!" Or whatever...I know "neuro-cromatic" isn't a word and it's not the one he used, but I can't remember what it was...Melanie, you'll have to help me out here.
I'm borrowing from Melanie's blog again because she says it best when it comes to the kids' personalities...
"Setting: in Honda Odyssey somewhere on I-65 N, near White House, TN
Me: Noah, what is that you're coloring?
Noah: Oh, I'm just drawing an angel.
Me: Really? What kind of angel? (expecting the response of either "it's an angel that's really an....ALIEN!" or "an angel BRAIN", since aliens and brains are all he draws lately)
Noah: It's the angel that visited me last night when I was in my bed.
Me: Hmmm...and what did it do?Noah: It said, "Do not be afraid. I am with you, and I am God, the Lord."
Me: Were you afraid?
Noah: (incredulous) Not after I saw the angel!

No comments: