"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another Grandson!

We found out last week that Melanie is having another boy! I was a little surprised because, for some reason, I just "knew" this baby was a girl. I asked if I would be allowed to dress him in pink and frilly things but I don't think I will. Oh well, that would probably result in countless hours plus lots of money for future therapy sessions, so I think I'll stick with boy stuff. Of course, I'm just kidding about this...I am very excited about having another grandson. I have really enjoyed the two I already have! Noah and Jack have been such blessings in all our lives. Melanie mentioned maybe trying to think of "calm" names. We have "Mad Maddy", "No-No Noah" and "Wacky Jacky" so I'm thinking something like, "Sweet Pete" or "Nice Bryce"... :)

On the "Pro" side of having another boy is:
1) Maddy gets to be the special girl still
2) She will eventually have her own room while at least a couple of the boys will probably always share their room
3) There will be lots of hand-me-downs for this boy (at least Melanie & Jared will see this as a "pro"
4) Two our of the other 3 kids get their wish!

A few weeks ago before we knew the gender of this baby, Maddy told me she really hoped it would be a girl. Since the baby will at some point be sharing Maddy's room for a while, she said, "Dani, I hope this is a girl. If it's a boy, he will not like the pink room!" We assured her that it wouldn't matter to him for a while. Then she said, "Oh well, even boys are cute when they're babies. Noah and Jack are not cute...well, maybe Jack still is, but not Noah!" She wasn't real happy to hear that this baby is a boy, but she got over being mad about it pretty quickly.

Those of us who are adults just want a healthy baby and mommy! After going through losing baby Ruby in 2006, I realize that the gender of this new little baby isn't one bit important. I pray often that he will be a strong, healthy, full-term baby.

Please pray with us for this new little baby who is due the first of June.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yay! We love boys! And that just means that David and Philip need girls someday! I'll pray for that on Maddy's behalf. Love you!