"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Back in the good ol' USA!

We arrived an hour late...1:00 a.m. and didn't get to our house in Bowling Green until after 3:00! Our sweet David came to the airport to pick us up, so we had a nice little visit with him. When we arrived home, we were very tired (obviously). As we stepped into the kitchen, I realized we'd received the best Christmas present ever!!!

Our house had been cleaned from top to bottom and decorated for Christmas! Our 4 girls (granddaughter Maddy included) spent a Saturday together working and decorating. I was so excited I could hardly stand it. I knew Melanie had a part in it because there was a Christmas card with the kids' pictures propped up next to the computer. But it wasn't until a decent hour the next morning when I called her that I found out that my precious daughters-in-law, Maggie & Sarah, plus Maddy had all come to help. How special is that??? God has blessed us with wonderful daughters and we are very thankful. Oh, I almost forgot...Philip also helped get Christmas decorations down from the attic and he cleaned our ceiling fan in the living room. Thanks Pip!

Steve kept going around the house saying, "It's a Christmas miracle!" :) Well, it wasn't a miracle, but it is certainly a Christmas I won't ever forget...

We have now spent some time with all the children and grandchildren and are looking forward to Melanie and her family arriving today for the "Christmas weekend". Everyone will be at our house on Christmas Eve night to celebrate together. I think this has been our tradition since 2000. So far, with all the kids marrying and sharing time with both families, we have been able to keep this tradition. I realize that one year we'll probably need to change to another time, but I think we all enjoy our evening of fun foods, presents and being together. But, the date doesn't really matter as long as we are able to find a time to all be together.

I've also got to spend time with 3 dear friends so far since I've been home.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yay! Welcome home. I just wish we were there with you... Have a good stay.