"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Never thought I'd have a blog

Having grandkids and doing mission work in a foreign country can do strange things to a person...like causing me to start a blog at the age of 56! Blogs...I know that probably stands for something, but I have no idea what. I just know that when Steve (my husband of almost 33 years) says the word, it almost sounds like he's about to hurl. I would sometimes ask him, "Have you read "so-in-so's" blog?" and his answer was always, "I don't do blllooogs." That is, until our daughter, Melanie, began hers with lots of interesting stories and photos of our grandkids. Now he does "a" blog.

I, on the other hand, have bookmarked about 8 or so blogs of people that I like to keep up with. But, still, I didn't really consider "having" a blog until just recently. Now I wish I had started one when we first came to Honduras in 2004, but then I didn't know much about them. And were they even in existence in 1999 when Maddy (the first grandchild) was born? I don't know...

So, today I have moved into a new phase of my life. I am now a blogger. Whoda thunk?

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Yea! I'm leaving your first comment! I look forward to keeping up with you here :) Love you mucho!!

Sarah said...

Glad you are blogging, but I am still resisting the urge...mine would look something like...
Taught some math, made some dinner, did some homework, went to bed early...
over and over and over again!
Love that the White side of the family is into blogs, I love to read them!

ONEDIA HAYES SYLVEST said...

You didn't tell me you started a blogg. Love it. Keep it going it is addicting.

Kate said...

Love you, Jeannie, and I'm so very glad to see your blog.

Kelli B said...

I'm thinking I might need to figure out this whole blog thing. especially after we move again.
Kelli B